Monday, March 16, 2020

The Joys of Luminar 4

So I've had a few months to test and try Luminar 4. Luminar 4 is my first Skylum product (I don't have Luminar 3).
I do quite a few portraits at work and I purchased (a deeply discounted pre-release) Luminar 4 mainly for portraits (it promised making my subjects' face slimmer, fresher and younger-looking, have better teeth, etc). Promises of better landscapes would just be a bonus.
I'm also lazy at reading instructions from Manuals and watching the introductory videos that go on after the software is installed. I prefer to dive right in and start clicking on buttons to see where they lead. At this point in my photography, I find that software from different developers share the same framework and have similar workflows. I believe that good software should be simple and intuitive.
My mindset is such that when I feel a need, I look into the software to fill that need. I don't go into the software to see what it offers and then make up a need so I can utilize the software. Software to me is not a solution looking for a problem. First, I have a problem, then I look for a solution to that specific problem. This is how I approached Luminar 4
In a word: EXCELLENT!
I highly recommend it, especially after the latest update. Skylum seems to be listening to its clients and releasing updates and improvements as fast as they can. For example, processing time is much faster now than the first release. Now if I can only figure out how to batch-process.
https://aperlust.com/ is an excellent source for updates and tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POPULAR POSTS