Tuesday, January 12, 2010

iPhone Diaries #51 "a set of books to treasure"

Thanks to Craigslist (and to the kind lady who sold me these, her late husband's books), I have in my possession a set of books that was instrumental in nourishing my passion for photography. It's the complete 14-volume set of the Life Library of Photography from Time-Life Books, published in 1981-1983. I saw it on Craigslist 2 days ago, made a call, and picked it up today. All for the princely sum of $25CDN! If I remember correctly, each book cost $19.95 25 years ago! It is difficult, nigh near impossible, to find a set in pristine condition, at any price.
I used to borrow these books from the library, paid the overdue fines, and reborrowed. All 14 were never in the same library! In my opinion, this set of books was, and still is, the best source of information and inspiration for the aspiring photographer, even in this digital age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POPULAR POSTS