Monday, June 22, 2015

Scenes from a BBQ with migrant workers from Simcoe, ON

Clink here for more on Ontario's migrant workers. June 19th.
While there's no doubt that images like these can be captured with any camera in  capable hands (and eyes), I find that the size, heft, and ergonomics (read: customizable buttons) of the A7II is perfect for photo documentaries where one has to be unobtrusive, with the camera being an extension of the eyes and mind, as if there is a direct neural connection from the brain to the camera. I don't think I can obtain the same product using an SLR, not even with the Sony a99, which gets me the same technical results without the fun factor. I have never shot with a rangefinder Leica but I can imagine that the A7II is a  close enough experience. An added bonus is that the Konica Mnolta 28-75f2.8 that I use may be had on kijiji/craigslist/eBay for $300.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POPULAR POSTS