Thursday, February 14, 2019

In Gratitude, SickKids Hospital. Part 3 of 3

Hardly a day goes by that I can't believe the good place that I find myself in, hardly a day goes by that I don't feel gratitude for the three events that have made all the difference in my life. Here they are presented in chronological order.
Third, SickKids.
When it comes to an occupation, the best that one can hope for is a job that is so fulfilling and meaningful that one would do it without pay (I would if I were financially independent). A job that you would pursue as a hobby, 24/7. A job that you look forward to doing, year after year, for  30 years, and counting. A job where you work with professionals who are the best in their fields of expertise. A job where "clients" are grateful for what you do. A job where the community appreciates what you do. A job where you can make a tangible difference in little people's lives.
It is a privilege to be a medical photographer at SickKids. I am very fortunate to be where I am.
Mary introduce me to a job opening in 1989 (she was working at SickKids at the time).
I met Mary because my Papa and Mama brought us to Canada,

I am also very grateful to Tita Emma and Tito Jun for sponsoring us to come to Canada, and to the people in Canada who came before us, to make it the country that it is.

2 comments:

POPULAR POSTS