Friday, April 3, 2020

Sony Diaries #1034: John

Sometimes, most times, and I wish it happens all the time, I get the image(s) that I feel reflects the person in front of the camera. My knowledge of my subjects varies in depth. Unlike most of my subjects for whom the portrait session is the first time I see them, I have known John, on and off, for 25 years at work. The few people I can honestly say that I know very well are my immediate family members.
My thoughts on John: An intelligent, empathetic, free spirit who has kept it all together through fatherhood and heightened work responsibilities. As with all my subjects, I encouraged them to come up with ideas. As an insightful photographer himself, John had ideas on how he wished to be portrayed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

POPULAR POSTS