Friday, August 27, 2010

Goldie Mill in Guelph: Images from an afternoon visit

Pictured here is my Trek leaning on the stone walls of the ruins of the Goldie Mill, a historical site situated between Cardigan Street and the Speed River. More images on my site at:
The images were taken yesterday as the sun was setting down. The idea was  to take photos of the structure as a whole. But as I get into the hollowed shell of the mill, the stones seem to come alive as each stone seem to take on a personality of it's own. The stones are golden and the algae on them are a greenish, golden yellow. And as I look in closer, I notice  delicate cobwebs laden with stone dust. One has to get into a wabi-sabi state of mind to appreciate this. This mill, like all structures that have witnessed lives come and go, has an unquantifiable life of its own. Aug 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POPULAR POSTS